Friday, May 15, 2009

Reach, frequency, coverage, target audience



1. Define each of the reach, frequency, coverage, target audience, media strategy and media objectives.

Reach: It is a number, which shows that how many individual (different) people saw an ad at least once, in a defined relevant period of time. One people is counted only once, so in case we display it in percentage, the maximum can be 100% . (In case of websites, it is the same as “number of unique visitors” if I am right.)

Frequency: It is a nr. which shows that how many times people see an ad in a defined relevant period of time. But not a cumulated number (all people each time), but the average nr. for how many times each people see the ad. In formula: “Frequency = total duplicated audience/Reach”.

Coverage: It is a percentage, which shows that what percentage of the target audience is reached by a media (one magazine, one TV programme etc.). For example, if there is a Ferrari magazine, and 1000 people is reading that, but there are 2000 Ferrari enthusiast on earth, than the coverage is 1000/2000*100= 50%

Target audience: It is a group of people, a selected segment of everyone. Selection is needed to put effort only in those ads, which are going to reach only those people, who are potential costumers of the marketed products or services. Segmentation can be done by: age, sex, occupation, income, media consumption habits or educational levels etc..

Media strategy: This has to be done before a media plan implementation can be started. Media strategy is planned after we overlooked the media objectives. A strategy is a selected set of actions, which are considered to be the best actions to reach the objectives. Contains: which media to use, which vehicles to use, timing of ads etc.. This is a “how needs to be done”.

Media objectives: Media planners can start defining media objectives, after the marketing strategy plan is in their hands. Media objectives and goals are the set of important things, what most help an ad to reach the marketing goals. Media objectives include: determine the target audience based on the target market, determine the needed reach and frequency to achieve marketing goals, determine what kind of media to use. This is a “what needs to be done”.

2. Detail the content of a media plan.

A media plan is a summarised 10-15 mins long presentation of a bigger behind the scenes research and planning. It contains the details of “how the ad will work” and “why this strategy and implementation was chosen”.

In details the minimum elements must include:

· Target audience analysis and selection

· Target audience media habits analysis

· Media objectives

· Media and vehicle selection, timing with its reasons

· Media strategy

· Budget, spending

· Reach and frequency

For the specific cases, a media plan might need to contain the followings:

· CPM analysis

· Seasonality

· Details of broadcasting costs

· Not recommended actions with reasons (media selection, spending)

· Alternative plans in for scheduling and/or budget

· All what can be an issue based on previous discussions with the client

5 comments:

  1. thank you,,,, for the coverage explanation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {  247officedept@gmail.com  }

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to  the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: {247officedept@gmail.com    WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete